Did you know that Minnesota ranks among the top 5 states for volunteerism? It’s another reason why I love this state! Here are some interesting facts:
- Over 1 billion people volunteer worldwide.
- One in four Americans volunteer.
- Women are more likely than men to volunteer, both formally and informally.
- Baby Boomers are more likely to be volunteers than any other generation.
- In the US, 15% of people support hunger and homelessness causes.
- Most volunteers in the States are between 35 and 44 years old.
- Volunteer time in the States is currently valued at $28.54 per hour.*
I would personally like to thank the many wonderful volunteers that give their time to River Valley Riders and the White Bear Lake Historical Society. I sit on the boards of both of these organizations, and the work we do could not happen without our dedicated volunteers. We love our volunteers!
Do you volunteer? Share your stories, I would love to hear about who you help and why.
Looking for ways to volunteer? Check out Volunteer Match. There are so many organizations that would love your help.
Being a volunteer is a great feeling!
Kathy Doucette Real Estate
*This calculation is based on hourly earnings released by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics and AmeriCorps data on volunteer hours. It’s estimated that volunteers contribute nearly $200 billion in value to US communities. The value of volunteer time in 2020 was up 4.9% from 2019.